The W.H. Mullins Company of Salem, Ohio, was founded circa 1894 as a manufacturer of stamped steel boats. By 1910 they offered two models of wood canvas canoes; the 16’ Yale and 18’ Harvard.
This 1923 catalog was accompanied by a letter indicating that Mullins would cease the manufacturing of cedar canoes that year.
This patent is for a wrap-around stem band. This is a distinctive feature of Mullins canoes, and is differentiated from that of the other builder that used a wrap-around stem band, E. M.